17/06/2020 0 Comments
Helpful Tips to Choose the Perfect Metal for Your Railing System
Choosing an ideal material is of the utmost importance when it comes to railings. Along with safety, you have to consider factors such as durability, aesthetics and performance of the railings installed. Though many types of materials are used when constructing a metal railing, look for materials that can combine performance with aesthetics. For custom railings, choose a company that can turn your complex architectural vision into reality. Get in touch with Aggressive Tube Bending to create unique staircases and railings. We provide metal fabrication for custom railings and can work with a variety of materials, such as steel, aluminum and brass.
Tips to Select the Right Metal for Your Railing System
Understand the cost associated with each material before selecting the metal for your railings. Plan a budget that includes the cost of installation, upkeep, cleaning and painting. Metal railings usually require less maintenance and are very easy to repair. Some factors to consider while planning a budget are:
· Check if your local authority needs any permits for installing a new railing
· The installation cost will increase if the location to install the railing is difficult to access
· Select the materials taking into account the weather resistance. Include costs required for weatherproofing and anti-rust coatings
The location for installing a railing is critical in choosing the right metal. For indoor railings, the volume of people using them can affect the railings. With outdoor installations, make sure the materials are resistant to extreme temperatures, precipitation and saltwater. Generally, metal railings are used for outdoor applications. Though for stainless steel, you will need a weatherproof coating that helps maintain its shine.
Check for railings that provide ease of maintenance, including quick and easy cleaning to mask daily blemishes. Steel might need regular painting to resist corrosion. Aluminum, on the other hand, resists rust and corrosion. It also won't blister, peel or crack. For brass railings, soapy water can help maintain the railings; brass can oxidize and tarnish quickly and might even need a polish to maintain its glow.
4. Damage Potential
Check for railing materials that withstand damage or vandalism. Use materials that can resist scratches, nicks and dents. Additionally, look for railing materials that offer grasp, strength and can withstand uniform load put on the railings.
Characteristics of Different Railing Materials
Deciding on the type of railings for your project is complex, as there are a variety of materials available in the market today. Some of the characteristics displayed by these materials are discussed below:
· Steel railings are durable, robust and resistant to extreme weather conditions. They can withstand rust, corrosion and are appropriate for both indoor and outdoor use. They come in a variety of designs and can increase the aesthetic appeal of your property
· Brass railings are used for both indoor and outdoor use. When exposed to air, it gets tarnished which can be avoided with regular cleaning
· Aluminum railings come in a powder-coated finish and usually require less maintenance
Consider these factors before selecting the ideal railing material for your project. At Aggressive Tube Bending, we work with steel, stainless steel, aluminum and brass materials to provide you with curved and spiraled custom railings. We closely work with architects and engineers to ensure you get the highest possible standards of service. We also offer metal fabrication, welding and structural steel fabricating services for all our clients.
Contact us today for reliable custom railing services.